Version 1.1 (09/01/19)
The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of the company to the promotion of equality of opportunity; we will also ensure the centres commitment to providing equal opportunities for assessment.
It is the company’s policy to promote and ensure equality to all please note the following Protected Characteristics
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion and belief
- Sexual Orientation
Set Training is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Candidates will be treated fairly. Selection for employment, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of skills, assessment and qualification.
The company recognises that the provision of equal opportunities in the training centre is not only good management practice, it also makes sound sense. Our equal opportunities policy will help all candidates to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the centre will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the assessment and organisation.
The company is committed to:
- Prevention of all forms of direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation
- Promotion of Equal Opportunities for women and men
- Securing fair participation for all religious denominations
- Promotion of equal opportunities for people with disabilities
- Promotion of equal opportunities for ethnic minorities
- Promotion of a good and harmonious training environment where all men and women are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment will be tolerated
Every candidate is responsible for ensuring that they assist the company in the promotion of Equal Opportunities in the course of training by:
- Not discriminating against fellow candidates, employees, or members of the public with whom they come into contact
- Refraining from inducing or encouraging or attempting to induce or encourage others to practise unlawful discrimination
- Reporting any discriminatory action to your Tutor/SQA Co-ordinator
- Breaches of our equal opportunity policy and practice will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
Head of Centre