This is the perfect entry level opportunity for someone looking to kick start their career in Digital Applications Support with an exciting service desk role at a reputable business. As a service desk coordinator your role would be to take ownership or a contract or portfolio of buildings as part of ongoing learning alongside communicating within the team whilst also contributing to the team at the same time. You will also be responsible for updating jobs within the company and on the CRM, system using our in-house systems and collaborative technologies.
What skills will I learn?
As an apprentice you will learn valuable skills and learn from experiences from your colleagues, you will learn all aspects of a service desk role some including:
- Taking ownership of a contract or portfolio of buildings as part of ongoing learning
- Scheduling and planning works for engineers and sub contractors
- Up-dating jobs on our in house system and using our planning platform
- Ensure Purchase Orders for all contracted works are correctly raised and approved for payment
- Monitoring the mailbox and ensuring that all incoming emails are dealt with
- Review all certification, worksheets and contractor reports to capture any remedial works required
- Working with Service Delivery Manager/Contract Manager to provide any support they require, including providing Management Information for customer reports
- Prepare quotations as required
- Learn and understand the planner roles for other contracts to be able to help with absence cover
- Using collaborative technologies – both via Teams call and Emails
- Able to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attaching certification, purchase orders, documentation as required into the in house systems
- Become an expert on our in-house it systems and learn to support others.
- Use project management software to ensure smooth running of the service desk.
What qualifications or qualities are required?
- Willingness to learn and develop into the role
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship course
- Have knowledge on using computer systems and Microsoft packages.
- Flexible can do attitude
- Have the ability to interact and communicate as appropriate with their audience, which will encompass colleagues, engineers, contract and performance managers and third party suppliers.
- Work effectively under pressure within a busy and diverse environment.
- Show a creative approach to analysing and solving problems using technology and reported information.
- Adhere to process and compliance requirements.
- Work well as part of a team
Set Training is an equal opportunities training provider and encourage applications from all different backgrounds, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs or sexual orientation. We have also achieved the bronze level of the LGBT Charter.
Are you ready to take the first step of your career in Digital Administration? We have an exciting opportunity in our client’s head office. You’ll be joining a friendly and hardworking team with lots of opportunity to progress.
You’ll be coached and mentored throughout your apprenticeship whilst working towards your diploma.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
This will be a varied role and you will be providing direct support to the business and you will be an integral part of the team. You will be responsible for general admin duties such as answering telephones, responding to queries and keeping all records up to date.
You will be working with a great deal of digital applications in this role, including databases, electronic diaries and various other software packages which will allow you to develop IT skills.
What will I learn?
During your first year, you will work toward your diploma in digital application support. This will be done through work based learning. You will have both a mentor in the workplace as well as your own assessor to support you through your qualification. You will get real life work experience whilst learning with the added bonus of getting paid for it too!
You will become computer literate throughout your time here.
You will develop exceptional customer service skills.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You must be driven and able to work without supervision.
You must be an effective communicator with excellent customer service skills
You must be willing to work in your own time to work towards your diploma.
Confident and Outgoing.