We are looking to recruit a roofer/maintenance slater/tiler for our client based in Edinburgh City Centre.
- 40hrs per week 8am to 5pm
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Electric Van provided
- Working on City of Edinburgh Council Contract
Duties as per below;
- Inspecting, repairing, replacing, or maintaining the roofs of buildings.
- Must be conversant in all roof coverings including Slates/Tiles/single ply membranes ( ideally with plastering/ceramic tiling experience)
- Roughcast experience with sand/cement – one coat render systems etc.
- Carry out other reactive tasks in line with skills set e.g. small slabbing works/gutter cleans/rainwater systems.
- Maintenance experience “first fix”
- Calculating how much labour and materials are required for each roofing job and providing estimates to Service Delivery Manager(s)
- Removing hazards from roofs, gutters, and adjacent structures.
- Setting up barricades and warning lines.
- Performing all tasks necessary for roof maintenance
- Ensure that all safety standards and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Inspect the structure of roofs in order to determine the best course of action.
- Measure and cutting materials to ensure that they fit securely around vents, gutters, chimneys, and walls.
- Replace areas of clients’ roofs that are damaged or rotting.
- Safely set up ladders, scaffolding and hoisting equipment as required.
- Update the line manager on job progress and reporting any problems related to the job.
- Safely transporting all required equipment and materials to job sites.
- Proven roofing or general construction experience.
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
- Sound knowledge of business ordinances.
- The ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- The ability to use powered hand tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills
If you feel you are suited to the above role and have the relevant experience, please apply by sending your CV and we will be in contact asap.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £32,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tile Setting / Roofing: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person