Are you an IT Whizzkid that’s looking for their first byte at gaining a long term career with an excellent qualification and long term secure career prospects?
Our client is a well established and trusted provider of EPOS Systems (Electronic Point of Sale Systems) to the Hospitality industry in Scotland and require a highly motivated candidate to assist with maintaining, installing and supporting their clients IT needs through a range of systems.
You will be gaining on the job training and support will be provided along with full SVQ training support to achieve an SCQF level 6 Diploma in IT Telecommunications.
What will I learn?
- Assist Install team with EPoS system builds
- Visit client sites to repair / fault find and swap out I.T / EPoS hardware
- Programming EPoS applications to client’s individual requirements
- Provide our clients with operational advice and support via telephone, internet, and e-mail
- Provide our clients with training, both on-site and remotely via telephone and internet
- Assist with on-site installations of new systems
- Provide “On Call” out of hours / weekend support cover (on a rota basis)
What qualification or qualities are required?
- A general interest and knowledge of PC computing and Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity / knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Confidence – you should be resilient and able to think independently
- Strong interpersonal skills – confidence in communicating with customers
- A “can-do” attitude
- Ability to travel including, working away from home on occasion
Set Training is an equal opportunities training provider and encourage applications from all different backgrounds, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs or sexual orientation.