You will be trained and supported to work within the IT team at our company and will be studying for an IT and Telecommunications SCQF Level 6 Apprenticeship alongside your work. The IT Service Desk Apprentice will be responsible for front desk IT support such as the resolution of day-to-day IT support queries, incidents, and the regular IT support requirements of our userbase across our sites in Edinburgh, Cardiff Belfast and London, as well as our staff on blended and homeworking contracts.
What will I learn?
This role will:
- Provide support relating to user incidents and requests including deskside and remote IT support for colleagues.
- Day to day administration and management of our Office 365 environment including Exchange online, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- IT administration of user accounts, such as account creation and adding user permissions.
- Software and hardware installations.
- Laptop and mobile phone software support using software systems such as System Centre Configuration Manager, Intune and mobile device management.
- Application support for our office suite and some bespoke applications.
- Ensuring all support requests are logged on our IT Service management tool.
- Updating our collective IT knowledge base and ensuring knowledge is shared among the team.
- Providing a high-quality IT service to our userbase across the UK.
What qualification or qualities are required?
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to develop excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn about IT
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interest in technology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Set Training is an equal opportunities training provider and encourage applications from all different backgrounds, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs or sexual orientation.