Working through the Manager, Business Support Team and working closely with other staff across the Company teams, you will provide a co-ordinated, integrated administrative support service for the company membership and activities undertaken by the Business Delivery Team. This will include (though not exclusively) effective delivery of: front line customer/membership services; financial processing; business monitoring; and other generic administrative support services. You will work closely with the Business Delivery Team to support the delivery of campaigns being delivered across the Company club development, people development, membership event and performance development areas.
What will I learn?
- To provide an integrated administrative support function across JS;
- To provide exceptional administration and daily oversight of the JS membership and grading functions, including the JS database;
- To provide an exceptional first-line telephone answering/enquiry service;
- To provide a warm, welcoming and professional reception area for clients, customers, partners and other visitors;
- To maintain the JS reception area and meeting room to the highest of standards;
- Create and schedule content across JudoScotland social media channels, including but not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Communications Executive to develop content plans for campaigns, events and key cultural moments.
- Research and explore regular content ideas and opportunities to drive growth across marketing channels.
- Be responsible for the consistent application of the company’s brand values and tone of voice into content across marketing channels.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant trends and market activity.
- To assist in implementing appropriate monitoring systems across the Business Support, Business Delivery and Performance Development Teams;
- To produce regular performance reports for Business Support activity as appropriate;
- To undertake other activity as directed by your Line Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
- To adhere to the JS financial procedures manual;
- To maintain financial records in accordance with the JS’s financial policies and procedures.
General, Administration and Corporate Governance
- To promote a positive image of JS in all dealings with internal and external contacts;
- To maximise the resources of JS at all times;
- To protect confidential information and adhere to the policies, procedures and processes of JS;
- To uphold the core values of and positively promote JS as the national governing body for Judo-inScotland at all times;
- To operate within the JS Equal Opportunities policies and strive to achieve any required equality targets;
- To contribute to, and/or staff JS event(s) where required;
- To be willing to work outside normal office hours including weekends and evenings as and when required in order to meet the requirements of the job;
- To conduct other appropriate duties across the organisation as requested by your Line Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
What qualification or qualities are required?
- A high level of computer literacy/information technology (IT) skills, to include a comprehensive, demonstrable understanding of Microsoft Office and other software packages.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a customer-focussed role
- Experience of working as part of a cohesive team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the role
- A willingness to undertake additional duties aligned to the role and/or across the organisation
- A love for social media and creating scroll-stopping content.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Work experience, ideally operating within an administrative role
- Strong writing and copywriting skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge and/or experience of the voluntary / not-for-profit sector.
- A keen eye for detail that appreciates the importance of brand voice, look and feel
- An interest in design with the aspiration to expand your skillset in this area
Set Training is an equal opportunities training provider and encourage applications from all different backgrounds, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs or sexual orientation.