This is an entry level job perfect for someone looking to begin their career with an exciting and reputable business.
A Business Administrator’s responsibilities would be to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of a business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. You would also be expected to show initiative, problem-solving skills and decision-making techniques, manage priorities and own time, as well as show potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
What will I learn?
• To recognise this is a client facing role and therefore behave in line with company values, whilst staying true to whom they are as a person
• To fully commit to developing their technical and behavioural know-how
• To attend and pass all courses, assessments and training
• To raise and concerns and queries with the line manager and Apprenticeship manager as appropriate
• To ensure they attend all reviews and meetings with the apprenticeship manager/team, line manager and provider
• To comply with all company, Provider and Mitie policies and procedures
• To attend the site, NVQ and Training Provider institute on the required dates and times- you can probably remove this as we do all training in house, so they will never need to go elsewhere for any of their Diploma training)
• To ensure coursework does not fall behind schedule
• To maintain accurate and up-to-date records to the specified standards at all times for the site, SVQ and Training provider institute
• To ensure that all collage assignments are handed in on time
• To keep designated manager/supervisor aware of progress and in particular to ensure that any coursework (SVQ) requirements are known
• To be pro-active and involved when looking at forthcoming in-company work
• To make records available for review as and when requested
• To represent the company in a courteous and professional manner
• To ensure that personal and colleague health and safety is of up most priority when working, and if in any doubt to not complete activities, and to raise concerns with managers
• To adhere to agreements, terms and conditions that is stated in their contract
What qualification or qualities are required?
• Beneficial to have Maths and English National 5 or above – and be able to provide certificates
• Has a keen interest in the chosen field/role
• Is passionate and has enthusiasm to take on new skills and develop fresh new ideas
• Is self motivated and hard working
• Has a logical, methodical approach to problem solving
• Has a good level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Energetic and determined, with a strong desire and focus to deliver added value and exceed client and our business targets
• A team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, excellent written English and a high level of numeracy
• Good Time management
• Be able to implement change and adjust existing requirements to meet the work instructions
• Exercising responsibilities in an ethical manner