Ready to start your career in the IT industry in the best possible way? For this apprenticeship, you’ll be joining an established IT support and consultancy business in Glasgow City Centre. The main business focus is service desk support for a wide range of clients. It will be your job to service these needs and will include areas such as:
– Desktop Application Support
– Data backup
What will I learn?
You will be training in and become responsible for:
– Responding to requests for assistance from system users
– Communicating clearly and effectively with clients, suppliers and colleagues
– Investigating and solving computer and networking problems
– Escalating problems where appropriate
– Recording information about time spent on tasks completed
– Maintaining client documentation
– Specifying and ordering hardware and software
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
– Existing interest in computing and IT and a good knowledge of the functionality of Microsoft operating systems
– A desire to learn about server and system administration
– Patience, as the role involves dealing with people of varying degrees of IT skills
– Good communication skills as will in time have some responsibility for lasing with other suppliers
Ability to problem solve
– Some ability to work on own initiative to prioritise tasks which arise.